|| Plum Chamomile and White Tea Brighten-Up Face Scrub ||
Hey Angel! I am back with a review of Plum Chamomile and White Tea Brighten-Up Face Scrub. Winter has already arrived here. And, I was frantically looking for a face scrub that can literally save my dry and flaky skin from the disgrace. Plum is such a brand that I have always felt pretty safe and sound about. This Chamomile and White Tea Face Scrub is something that I wanted to try out for a very long time, in fact, I was curious to try out the whole range. After using it multiple times, here I am ready to share my genuine experience on Plum Chamomile and White Tea Brighten-Up Face Scrub.
Also Read: Top 8 Face Wash for Oily Skin in India
Basic Information about Plum Chamomile and White Tea Brighten-Up Face Scrub:
Price: INR 375 for 75g
Shelf Life: 24 months
Buy From: Plum Goodness
What Does the Brand Claim about Plum Chamomile and White Tea Brighten-Up Face Scrub?
It is time to reveal the brighter side of your skin and bid adieu to your suntan every time you scrub and exfoliate the dead cells, dirt, grime, and dullness. The gentle cellulose beads and walnut shell powder in this scrub make it a perfect one. The base is enriched with botanical extracts that literally gives benefit to the skin deep down the surface. Both Chamomile and Aloe Vera soothe stressed out and exhausted skin. Get ready to face the world with a new and brighter you.
Also Read: Best Chemical Free Face Wash in India
Ingredient Analysis of Plum Chamomile and White Tea Brighten-Up Face Scrub:
On Cosmetics Arena, I always try to analyze every ingredient of any cosmetics as I believe that ingredients play an important role in determining the efficacy of a product. Plum Goodness is such a brand that always prioritize innovation above all and thus they choose safe ingredients over other things. But, before I make a generalized statement, I would like to analyze the ingredients of Plum Chamomile and White Tea Brighten-Up Face Scrub in-depth. Let’s talk about all of them in detail.
1. Water or Aqua: It is the basis of any water-based cosmetic.
2. Sunflower Seed Oil: It is a safe and edible emollient that is enriched with Vitamin E and loads of anti-oxidants. This seed oil is capable of retaining moisture.
3. Stearic Acid: A safe fragrance ingredient and a surfactant or cleansing agent.
4. Walnut Shell Powder: This is probably one of the most used exfoliators. Some say that it is quite harsh as scrub particles that can leave permanent microscopic scratches on the skin surface. But, overall it is safe as an ingredient.
5. Cellulose Beads: One of the safest scrub particles that are effective and safe for the environment as well.
6. Cetearyl Alcohol: It is a safe component that is mostly used as an emulsion stabilizer and also as a surfactant.
7. Glyceryl Stearate: This safe component is a bit wax-like solid. It is generally used to make the skin appear soft and soft.
8. Olive Oil PEG-7 Esters: It is a safe skin conditioning agent and an emollient as well.
9. Glycerine: This component is pretty safe as a humectant that retains moisture.
10. Titanium Dioxide: This widely used component is moderately hazardous is generally used as a UV ray absorber or as a sunscreen agent.
11. Polysorbate-80: It is another safe surfactant and emulsifier that is pretty popular to be used in cosmetics.
12. Triethanolamine: It is a moderately hazardous ingredient that is generally used as a fragrance ingredient and as a surfactant.
13. Phenoxyethanol: It is a moderately safe preservative that is also used as a fragrance ingredient.
14. Ethylhexyglycerine: It is a safe deodorant agent and a skin conditioning agent.
15. Aloe Vera Juice: Probably one of the most popular components. It is full of nutrients, antioxidants, and vitamins.
16. Chamomile Flower Extract: The calming and soothing effect of Chamomile is another plus point of this face scrub.
17. White Tea Leaf Extract: It is enriched with loads of antioxidants and thus it is a great choice of ingredient to be used in a face scrub.
18. Gingko Biloba Leaf Extract: Another component which has antioxidants that are enriched with anti-inflammatory properties. It helps in the production of Collagen that helps in improving the overall skin profile.
19. Green Tea Leaf Extract: The abundant amount of antioxidants are what makes this component a great choice of ingredient for many products for a long time now.
20. Olive Leaf Extract: The antiseptic properties of Olive make it one of the finest ingredients of this scrub. It can also heal acne scars.
21. Rooibos Leaf Extract: It has a deep purifying property that makes it a perfect choice of component to use in a skin care product.
21. Fragrance: I hope that they have used a safe alternative to the commercially available fragrances. The brand has not mentioned anything specific, as you can see.
22. FDA Approved Colors: Adding colors are definitely not necessary to a cosmetic, but then again, we need to know that Plum Goodness is a commercial brand. I just wish that they had mentioned the name of the colors.
Overall, I am pretty impressed with the choice of the components of Plum Chamomile and White Tea Brighten-Up Face Scrub. One thing I would like to mention here, that Plum does not maintain the nomenclature in a scientific manner. On the carton, the ingredients are sorted in a certain way whereas, on their official website, they have changed the order in which the components are written. This is not the first time for Plum to do something like this. So, I am pretty dubious about the order of the components. But, if the components are considered individually in the formulation, then I would like to go for a separate 4.5 out of 5 solely for the components.
The packaging of Plum Chamomile and White Tea Brighten-Up Face Scrub is nothing unique. It comes in a plastic tube packaging with a plastic flip-flop cap.
Fragrance and Texture:
The fragrance is pretty chemical and has a similarity with the Plum Chamomile Night Cream. And honestly, I did not like the fragrance at all.
The texture of this face scrub is gritty but none of the particles feel harsh on the skin. The cellulose beads are mild in nature.
My Experience with Plum Chamomile and White Tea Brighten-Up Face Scrub
Honestly, I have been using Plum Chamomile and White Tea Face Scrub since the past few weeks. I am someone who takes exfoliation very seriously. Especially, during winter when my dry and sensitive skin starts rebelling, I become extra caring towards my skin.
The mild cellulose beads are excellent as exfoliators. I always feel fresh and clean after using it in the morning. Exfoliation twice a week is something I follow rigorously. The dry flakes get cleaned with just one application and skin feels supple-soft-smooth.
This scrub is not hydrating; at least my dry skin has not felt that way. But, I believe that oily and combination skin people would find this scrub pretty hydrating.
How is Plum Chamomile and White Tea Brighten-Up Face Scrub on Sensitive Skin?
Well! My sensitive skin has not felt anything bad after its application. The exfoliating particles are so mild that people with even severe skin problem would not face any issue with its application.
Pros of Plum Chamomile and White Tea Brighten-Up Face Scrub:
- Excellent ingredients.
- A number of herbs with antioxidant properties.
- Travel-friendly and easy to handle packaging.
- Mild texture.
- Cellulose beads as exfoliators are pretty mild.
- Easy and hassle-free application.
Cons of Plum Chamomile and White Tea Brighten-Up Face Scrub:
- The order in which the ingredients are written offline is not matching with theose written online.
- The fragrance is pretty chemical and something that people with sensitive nose might not like.
Would I Repurchase/Recommend Plum Chamomile and White Tea Brighten-Up Face Scrub?
I am not sure whether I would like to repurchase it or not because I keep changing cosmetics (:P), but I would definitely recommend it to everyone. Especially people with oily skin or combination skin would simply fall in love with this mild exfoliator.