Bath Salts: The Saga of an Ancient Remedy
Last few weeks had been really crazy for me because of the packed schedule. I was feeling upright tired most of the time. Especially, my legs were aching continuously.
So, I decided to buy a bath salt. The order arrived within 5 days. Since then, I have already used it thrice. Honestly, the result has left me so astonished that I only wish I had known about bath salts earlier.
And then, I also realized that I have missed talking about it here. The amazing result has compelled me to share every basic thing, my readers need to know about bath salts. So, without further ado, let’s talk about this ancient remedy.
Bath Salts: What Exactly these are?
For a long time, bath salts are known as one of the simplest stress busters. Usually, these salts are derived from mineral-rich water. Magnesium Salt or Epsom Salt is the common name of bath salts. There is hardly anything as inexpensive as bath salts to heal muscle aches and also severe mental stress.
5 Major Health Benefits of Bath Salts
There are countless numbers of benefits, to be honest. Usually, it is used to treat muscle aches, but the health benefits are numerous. Here are a few bath salt preparation recipes to treat most common health issues.
Treating Stiff Joints
Bath salts are pretty effective in treating stiff joints and muscle aches. Trust me! It works magically. Here is the simple bath salt preparation I tried to treat my muscle pain.
- Take 2 cups full of bath salt (Or Epsom Salt) in your bathtub or bucket filled with lukewarm water
- Add 10-15 drops of Lavender Essential Oil/ Chamomile Essential Oil/ Rosehip Essential Oil/Eucalyptus Essential Oil
- Stir everything so that all the grains of the salt get dissolved properly
- Soak your legs or your entire body for at least 12-15 minutes
Treating Skin Irritation
Not many people know that bath salts are amazing healer for skin inflammation and skin irritations. The following remedy can easily treat complex skin conditions like eczema, athlete’s foot, psoriasis, etc.
- Take 2 cups of Bath Salt like Epsom or Himalayan Pink Salt and mix in a bathtub or bucket filled with water
- Add 10-15 drops of Lavender/Geranium/Cinnamon Essential Oil
- Stir well so that all the grains of the salt get dissolved
- Soak yourself or the affected part for at least 15 minutes
- Pour the salt into the warm running bath water and use your hand to stir the water to help dissolve all the grains.
- Soak in the tub for at least 20 minutes.
You can definitely use Epsom Salt or the Himalayan Salt solely, but adding essential oil makes the preparation more effective.
Treat Severe Itchy Skin
It is indeed another benefit that not many people are aware of. Bath salts can treat itchy skin pretty effectively. Here is a bath soak preparation, quite effective for dry and itchy skin.
- Take 2 cups of Epsom Salt in a bathtub or in a bucket filled with running lukewarm water
- Add 15 drops of extra virgin coconut oil
- You can also add Sweet Almond Oil or Avocado Oil
- Stir with your hands all the ingredients
- Soak for at least 15 minutes
- For better result, make sure to repeat the process twice a week
In fact, you can also use raw milk instead of water to soak all the ingredients. Trust me! It is equally effective.
Detoxify Your Skin
Epsom Salts are pretty effective to flush out all the toxins from your body. Especially, Magnesium salt helps to increase the magnesium level in the body. By preparing a simple detox bath, you can detoxify your system.
- Add 2 cups of Epsom Salt or Himalayan Salt to a bathtub or to a bucket filled with running warm water
- Add essential oils like Ginger/Lavender/Bergamot/Peppermint; anything as per your aromatic preference
- Mix everything well
- Soak for 10 minutes to detoxify your skin system; in order to treat your constipation issue, soak for at least 25 minutes
Trust me! This is an amazingly luxurious experience to relieve your system from all the stresses.
Scrub Away Everything
Are you tired with dead cells? Do you want to try something simple yet effective remedy? Then, you are surely going to love the following age-old remedy. Here you go!
- Take a cup of Epsom Salt
- Epsom salt is available in both textures i.e. coarse and fine. Make sure that you have chosen the one with fine grains.
- Add 15 drops of Almond/Olive Oil/Sweet Almond Oil
- Add 8-10 drops of Lavender Essential Oil
- Mix everything
- Take a palm filled with the scrub and start rubbing on your body or on the affected portion
- This is one of the most inexpensive exfoliators that are also effective
- At last, rinse off well
On a long & tiring day, this recipe can easily elevate your bathing experience. Enjoy a spa day at home!
A Few Final Words
Honestly, everything discussed here is the most fundamental features of bath salts. The real ambit is quite larger. But, one thing is for sure that bath salts are full of potential and there is hardly anything downside of these. Make sure that you consult with your specialist in case you are going through some critical health condition.
The market, at present, is full of bath salts. Different brands are coming up with varieties of bath salts. I am using the rose variant one from Snana. But, you can also try the Soulflower variants or the one from Mamaearth.
So, that’s all for today! If you like reading this article, make sure to share it with your friends and family. Also, follow us on Instagram for interesting stuff. Take care; celebrate life every moment.