Just a few ayurvedic home treatments are all you need to control postpartum hair fall. Discover the age-old hair lep recipes.
|| Plum Olive and Macadamia Healthy Hydration Shampoo ||
Happy new year Angel! Today I am going to review one of the newest launches by Plum and the name of the product is Plum Olive and Macadamia Healthy Hydration Shampoo. I have already used the Rosemary and Hibiscus Shampoo by Plum Goodness. Honestly, the experience was pretty pleasant. During my wedding, I was frantically looking for a newly launched shampoo that would do the basic job. And, this was such a shampoo that I wanted to try for a long time. So, I decided to buy it. After using this shampoo several time, here I am today, with an honest review of Plum Olive and Macadamia Healthy Hydration Shampoo. Let’s talk about the product and my experience with it in depth.
Basic Information about Plum Olive and Macadamia Healthy Hydration Shampoo:
Price: INR 675 for 300ml
Shelf Life: 2 years from the date of manufacturing
What does the Brand Claim about Plum Olive and Macadamia Healthy Hydration Shampoo?
So, a sulphate-free formula has arrived at your door-step. It is gentle, lathers very nicely, and leaves a soft and nourished mane behind. This hair cleanser is suitable for ALL hair types; including chemically treated, malnourished or damaged hair. Get ready to say hello to healthy hydration with the nourishment of Olive Oil, Macadamia Oil, Keratin, and an UV-shield to protect your hair color. Give your hair a new life.
Ingredient Analysis of Plum Olive and Macadamia Healthy Hydration Shampoo:
Like every Plum Goodness product, this cleanser is enriched with a number of amazing components. Well! I am not being biased but it is a fact that Plum believes in in-depth research before launching anything new in the market. So, most of the ingredients are safe for the environment. This shampoo is free from 7 deadly components that also include SLS/SLES which is a big relief indeed for any cosmetic lover. As always, I have discussed all the components in detail below. So, let’s have a look at the ingredients of Plum Olive and Macadamia Healthy Hydration Shampoo.
1. Aqua: Or, Water which is the basement for any liquid shampoo.
2. Cocamidopropyl Betaine: Hair conditioning agent that also works as a surfactant. It is a moderately safe component as per EWG.
3. Sodium Cocoyl Glycinate: It is a safe surfactant and foam booster which also works as a hair conditioning agent.
4. Sodium Lauroyl Sarcosinate: Well! It has the abbreviation of SLS indeed but it is totally a different component. It is a moderately safe surfactant that also acts as a hair conditioning agent.
5. PEG-150 Distearate: It is a moderately safe surfactant or cleansing agent.
6. Olive Fruit Oil: This powerful oil is enriched with fatty acids, vitamins, and phytonutrients. This potent oil is pretty amazing to keep our mane safely.
7. Macadamia Seed Oil: Another amazing nutty oil which is an excellent option for a beautiful mane. It keeps hair frizz free.
8. Polyquaternium-10: It is a film former that also works as an antistatic agent. It forms a film like on the surface that is similar to Silicone.
9. Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein: It is an excellent hair conditioning agent that also can form a film.
10. Hydrolyzed Soy Protein: This component is just another replica of the previous component that can make hair smooth and freeze free.
11. Citric Acid: It is a great component to treat itchy scalp.
12. Hydrolyzed Corn Protein: This component is great as a hair conditioning agent.
13. Phenoxyethanol: A moderately safe alternative to Parabens which is used as a preservative in a formula.
14. Ethylhexylglycerine: A fragrance ingredient that is pretty safe for skin. It is also a skin conditioning agent.
15. p-Methoxy Cinnamido Propyl Dimethyl Behenyl Ammonium Chloride: It is a multi-functional hair color protector. This ingredient is a UV protector that shields the hair color from the harmful sun rays.
16. Fragrance: I feel it is unnecessary though; and, moreover they have not mentioned the component exactly.
18. Sodium Gluconate: It is a safe chelating agent and skin conditioning agent.
19. CI 15985: This is actually Sunset Yellow color which is a safe component.
20. CI 19140: It is a synthetic lemon yellow color that is also known as Tartrazine. This is a safe food colorant.
And, voila! We are at the end of the ingredient analysis of Plum Olive and Macadamia Healthy Hydration Shampoo. Well! Most of the components are safe which is a great relief for the people like me who are avid ingredients reader. One thing that I have noticed about this brand is that Plum Goodness never sort the components according to their concentration within the formula. As always, there is a wide difference between the orientation of the components written online and offline. And, this is definitely a point to be worried about and I am totally clueless about their motive to do so. But overall, for including all those safe components, I would like to rate the ingredients of Plum Olive and Macadamia Healthy Hydration Shampoo 4.5 out of 5.
The packaging is exactly similar to the Rosemary one which is pretty travel-friendly and easy to handle. There is nothing to dislike about the packaging. In fact, in spite of carrying such bulk quantity, the packaging does not look like that.
Texture, Aroma, and Color:
Plum Olive and Macadamia Healthy Hydration Shampoo has a beautiful green tint that looks pretty.
It has a beautiful citrusy aroma that might feel very intriguing during summer. On days, when your dirty and sweaty scalp needs some extra attention, this shampoo can totally be your savior.
The texture is moderately thick that is easy to spread and apply.
My Experience with Plum Olive and Macadamia Healthy Hydration Shampoo
Well! It has been more than two months now that I am using Plum Olive and Macadamia Healthy Hydration Shampoo. The shampoo lathers pretty well; thus, the cleansing part becomes much easier than the Rosemary one. Because of the light texture, it is easy to spread the shampoo. Overall, for a basic cleansing purpose, this shampoo is pretty amazing.
Does Plum Olive and Macadamia Healthy Hydration Shampoo cause extra hair fall?
Umm…well! I have experienced a bit extra hair fall with the application of this shampoo. At first, I was dubious to believe that. So, I asked my parents to give this shampoo a try. And, yes! Eventually, it turned out that this shampoo increases hair fall a bit. Honestly, I was quite disappointed to discover that.
Does Plum Olive and Macadamia Healthy Hydration Shampoo make hair dry?
Well! I must say that the answer is again ‘yes’. It makes hair dry. My hair is severely dry irrespective of any season. But, I must admit that this shampoo made it drier. Devastating the experience is indeed.
Pros of Plum Olive and Macadamia Healthy Hydration Shampoo:
- Enriched ingredient.
- Harmless components.
- Light texture.
- Attractive packaging.
- Bulk family shampoo.
- Beautiful aroma.
Cons of Plum Olive and Macadamia Healthy Hydration Shampoo:
- Makes hair dry.
- Might cause hair fall (I have oily scalp and dry ends)
- Not travel-friendly.
Plum Olive and Macadamia Healthy Hydration Shampoo
A Shampoo that Failed to Perform
Plum Olive and Macadamia Healthy Hydration Shampoo is one such shampoo that could have become a a family shampoo. But, the hair fall and dry hair problem are pretty prevalent. I am afraid that this is such a shampoo that I would not recommend to anyone ever. This time, Plum has immensely disappointed me.