Hair transplants are the latest trend, not only for people who have lost their hair due to early thinning but also for those who want to change their hairlines or grow more appealing hair.
What is Hair Transplant?
It is a surgical procedure in which hair follicles are removed from any part of the body, such as the face or legs, and transplanted to the bald area. Hair in the lashes and brows is also transplanted using this method.
In this article, Dr Harikiran is one of the best hair transplant surgeons in Hyderabad has shared his expertise in hair transplants. He has pioneered in hair transplantation, Face surgeries, Body Surgeries which are the most in-demand surgical procedures.
Hair Transplant Procedures
The most recent procedures are permanent and pick up follicular hair clumps. Follicular Hair Transplantation (FHT) is a procedure that can be done in two ways: strip harvesting and follicular unit extraction (FUE).
Follicular Hair Transplantation (FHT) is a procedure that can be done in two ways: strip harvesting and follicular unit extraction (FUE).
Skin strips with good hair growth are planted on balding sites in strip harvesting, and hair clusters with their roots are manually removed and planted at the hairless location in follicular unit extraction.
Currently, the majority of surgeons are using strip harvesting. It leaves a small scar at the donor site and guarantees a two-week healing time.
FUE can be performed in a single or several locations. It’s a laborious, time-consuming method that yields highly natural results and leaves no traces.
However, it is not cost-effective and is time-consuming both for the doctor and the patient. But, the employment of robotics, on the other hand, has greatly shortened and simplified this procedure, says Dr Harikiran who is a leading hair transplant surgeon from Hyderabad.
Steps in Hair Transplant
The steps are as follows:
1. Getting ready for the hair transplant
Hair follicles from the back of the head are extracted and transplanted to the balding areas in the first part of the Hair Transplant Surgery.
2. Trimming of the donor area
The hair in the donor area is clipped before the procedure begins.
3. Preparing the donor for surgery
Local anaesthesia is used after the hair in the donor area has been cut.
4. The donor area’s tissue was removed and sutured
The bald resistive hair follicle containing tissue in the donor area is then surgically removed, and the donor area is sutured.
5. Hair is combed over the sutured donor area
The donor area sutures are covered by the patient’s hair, which is brushed over them. Almost 10 days after the hair transplant procedure, the sutures are removed.
6. Follicular unit grafts made from donor tissue
Surgical technicians next use microscopes to study the donor tissue in order to dissect and prepare follicular unit hair grafts.
7. Prepare the bald recipient area
After the patient has been given local anaesthesia, the balding recipient area is readied for the surgical procedure. Hair near the top of the recipient region does not need to be trimmed or removed.
8. Hairline incisions in balding areas
The Follicular Unit is a type of follicle whose Grafts are inserted in the recipient area through microscopic incisions created in a painless manner.
9. Grafts are put based on their densities
The smallest grafts (one and two) are inserted in front of the hairline, followed by three and four (which are denser than one and two).
10. Immediately following a hair transplant procedure
On the operative area of the patient, tiny incisions with short hair would be visible after the hair transplant surgery.
11. Hair Transplant Surgery Is Completed
The incision marks fade away on their own, and the redness in the recipient area fades away after a week.
Time to Recover
According to Dr Harikiran who is a premier hair transplant surgeon from Hyderabad, Hair transplantation is a minimally invasive treatment that is frequently performed as an outpatient surgery.
Patients are usually permitted to shampoo after two to three days, though the scalp must be kept from the sun and infections for a period of time following surgery. Antibiotics are usually given to the patients for a few days.
5 Facts to Know About Hair Transplantation
1) Transplanted hair behaves similarly to natural hair and sheds after two to four weeks. Following that, the roots begin to naturally produce hair and continue to do so for the rest of one’s life.
2) Because local anaesthesia is used, the treatment is painless, and the patient can return home the same day.
3) A luxurious crop of hair is not guaranteed after a hair transplant. Because the outcome varies from person to person. It depends upon a person’s natural hair quality.
4) Hair transplantation is not a viable option for every case of baldness. It is fully dependent on the circumstances.
5) The number of grafts determines the cost of the procedure. The cost increases as the quantity of grafts increases.
Write A Comment